Wednesday, July 9, 2008

They're back...

No, NOT aliens. I'm not talking aliens. I'm talking children. As in mine. My kids come back today. All three of them. I knew I should've agreed to a longer visit. I'm not ready for them to come back. Wait! I haven't finished cleaning the house! I haven't cleared off the kitchen table! I still have to do something about That Pile in the bedroom! 

I have too much dignity to insert an actual photo but imagine me running around, much like a flustered squirrel, panicking at the idea of losing the peace and quiet currently enveloping the house. Ignore the Ron Sexsmith CD blasting out of the stereo. Tilt your head a bit at that windmill over in the corner. Concentrate. Yes, THAT peace and quiet. 

2 comments:

this is my patch said...

Ooh, what a lovely pic of ET! Did the kids 'phone home' at all whilst they were away? x

sheila said...

Not a once. Can you believe it? Bless their little black hearts, they didn't give me a single thought. Max said he did, but I think he was just being kind.